SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Single wheel roller is close, but...

A handy person from Connecticut says:
I bought two of your 81-023 rollers, and was able to make them work. Thanks for your great website, and delivery.
Do you have the same structure of the -023, but shorter? I had to grind down the low points before and after the axle, because of clearance issues. I'd like to get two more of these rollers, without having to grind them.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. I'm afraid that the 81-023 is the thinnest roller assembly in that class. The manufacturer doesn't have one with a shorter housing. Are you sure this is what you need? Is it otherwise identical to your old roller? If not, maybe show us a few pictures of your old part, maybe we can find something better.
A quick learner from Connecticut says:
The 81-023 was the perfect replacement in all respects except for the dimension that is outlined (poorly!) in the attached picture. I had to take exactly 1/8" off on both sides of this outer bracket.
User submitted photo of their door roller.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)