Skylight operator parts.

A quick learner from USA says:
I have a skylight in my apartment and, unfortunately, it is missing a handle. I have already purchased product #39-336 and a telescope handle, which I thought would be sufficient to make this work.

I now found that the universal joint (39-336) does not connect with the piece sticking out of the frame (hexagonal). I then saw a little diagram in the description of the universal joint, and it seems like it
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm sorry to hear our 39-336 didn't work. Can you confirm the size of your hex spline? Could you also show us a few pictures of the skylight operator itself? That may help us come up with a better solution for a pole ring joint.
A quick learner from US says:
Hi again,

sorry it took me a while. Unfortunately, I can't confirm the size of the hex spline. The only thing I can say is that I was able to slide 39-336 onto it, and it seems as though the diameter of the universal joint fits the dimensions of the hex spline.

Below are some pictures. This is all there is - the intention is to operate this with whatever else I need besides 39-336.

Best,

D
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Looking at your photo, you may have a 5/16" hex spline. If that's the case, you could possibly use our universal joint, the 39-078L. Take a look!
A quick learner says:
Thank you for the information. This looks like it could work. I'll try to measure the hex spline and will let you know.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.