SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding Door rollers and track

A home owner from Jessup, MD says:
I have rollers from my slider that are stamped Truth 30410. The dimensions match your replacement 81-149 exactly. My question is, what advantage does stainless steel have? Rust is not a problem although wear and tear is. The door is 17 yrs old.

Also, there is a plastic liner in the channel on the bottom of the wooden frame with slots cut for the rollers. The plastic has warped with time. Is there a replacement?

Will the 80-103 sliding door track cover work with 81-149?
Thanks,
Jim
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Jim. to answer your first question, yes, the 81-149 stainless steel roller is of better quality than its alternative.

For your second question, we do not have that kind of plastic liner, unfortunately. It would be specific to your door.

Finally, the 80-103 will, indeed, work with the 81-149.
A home owner from Jessup, MD says:
Awesome and thanks for the response. This is the best site on the web -- nobody responds like you guys, so thanks and my order will come shortly.

I have another question: My sliders and all my windows are Malta brand, wich I'm told by the company that now has that name that the original Malta went out of business and the new Malta doesn't support the products any more.

My question is, Any recommendations for parts? I have several dbl-hung windows where the suspension cord jumped the roller at the top when the window was raised, cut into the plastic frame covering as the window was lowered and the plastic piece anchoring the suspension line to the side of the window broke under the stress.

Also need new balances for two windows. Any ideas for anchors, rollers, balances? Thanks.
Jim
Profile picture of Dave
Thank you for your praise, Jim! We try very hard to answer all questions as clearly and helpfully as possible.

As for your Malta window parts, could you upload a few pictures of the exact pieces your looking for? If we could see your original hardware, we would be better able to identify possible replacements.
A home owner from jessup says:
Order just came in. 81-149 rollers don't roll easily. Is that just grease packing or do have to lubricate before installation?
Profile picture of Dave
The rollers should be pre-lubricated, but perhaps the grease is a little dry. You could try using some Silicone spray.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)