SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding Door Handle Missing/Broken

A quick learner from Livingston, CA says:
Hi, I purchased a home (short sale) and I've been having a heck of a time trying to locate a suitable door handle replacement. I've even reached out to a contractor who said my best bet was to replace the whole sliding glass door. Yikes! There are four holes on this but I've measured the distance between the center of the outer holes at 5 1/2". Really hoping I don't need to replace the whole sliding glass door just to get a working handle. Thank you in advance for your help.
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Wow, that does sound a bit like overkill. Let's see if we can help you replace that handle instead of the whole door! Can you confirm the distance between the outer two installation holes though? We're having trouble finding anything with that exact spacing. Could you also tell me if you see any branding or stamps anywhere on the door that would hint to the manufacturer? Let me know!
I am unable to locate any branding or stamps. I've heard there "may be" branding underneath the door but I can't pull the door off the track to get a look. It's stuck! I took another look at the measurements and it's closer to 5 3/8" center to center of the outside holes.

I'm not sure what the other holes are for? Also, in case you were wondering, I have to put the screwdriver in the hole or the inner metal bracket slides down a few inches.
Profile picture of Tom
How about our 82-061? This has a hole center spacing of 5-3/8". Does this handle look familiar at all?
I think the original handle was white but I'm not certain. Do you know how long the bolts are connecting the inside & outside handle? I've had trouble with the bolts being too short in the past.

Also, what are your return policies? (In case this isn't the right one)

Thank you.
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you for your patience in this matter. We have been trying to find a better match, but unfortunately we have not found anything better. The worst case scenario is that you may have to redrill the holes.

The length of the screws are approximately 2-7/32".
Thanks Tom. I went ahead and ordered it. I'm hopeful it will work. Thanks for your help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)