SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding Door Handle Replacement

A home owner from Hellertown, PA says:
Hello -
I'm looking to replace the handle on my sliding glass door since the lock on the handle is broken. We have tried several times to unsuccessfully repair the lock. Images of the handle are attached. There aren't any markings on the handle or the door so I'm not sure who manufactured either. The length of the base of the handle (not the handle itself) is about 7 inches and the two screws are about 4 inches apart. Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Christine. Check out our 82-003 and let me know if this could possibly work for you. Make sure to carefully compare the dimensions we show to your own hardware to ensure they match.
A home owner from Hellertown, PA says:
Hi Paul,
Please ignore the previous post. After remeasuring, the holes are 3 15/16" apart. However, the door is 1 3/4" thick. Will this handle still work if I use the existing screws?

Thanks again!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
If the door is that thick, then you could still use our 82-003. However, you will have to re-use the thumb lever and screws on your old latch in order for it to work.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)