SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding Door Handles

A home owner from Sequim, WA says:
Interior handle of sliding door is beginning to shear off both above and below attachment points. The exterior handle appears to function fine, but I would like to replace it also as it has a few blemishes. The locking mechanism appears to work well. Any help in identifying the interior and exterior handles would be appreciated. Thank you!!
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hello again! Take a look at our 82-069, I think this can work for you. Just make sure the dimensions all match up.

Judging by the damage, the culprit is likely your rollers. When rollers become worn or damaged, or if the track is in rough condition, it takes more force to open and close the door, which in turn leads to the handle breaking off like yours has. I recommend cleaning both your rollers and the track and seeing if that helps. If not, it may be time to replace your rollers entirely!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)