SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding Door Hardware

A quick learner from Lake Forest, CA says:
Hi,

I am trying to find these sliding door handles. I have two sets of sliders and they are broken on both doors.

This is the number that is located on the door jam.

SGD-R20-120x80/SGD-R20-96x96

The dimensions are as follows:

1. Looking at the handle from the inside (brass looking part) - it is 8" from the top of the brass "bar" to the bottom of the brass "bar"
2. Looking at the handle from the inside (brass looking part) - the screws are 4 1/4" from the top of the top screw to the bottom of the bottoms screw.
3. The locking mechanism (claw like features) part is 9 5/16" tall.

Any help you can give would be appreciated. Actually, this looks like one of your other posts from earlier this year.

Thanks,

Clint
User submitted photos of patio door handles.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Clint. Can you actually tell me the distance between the screws from the center of each screw? Thanks!
Hi,

Thanks for your response. I apologize I didn't get back to you right away - I don't think I received a notification. I am not the best with measuring but it appears that center to center the screws are 3 7/8" (brass screws). It is a little hard to tell with the measuring tape and my eyes.

Thanks for any help you can be. I thought the doors could be Normandie's (if that is a brand name or Milgard (if that is a brand).

Clint
Profile picture of Tom
Perfect! I think it might be more like 3-15/16", which is a pretty popular size. In that case, I recommend you look at either our 82-035 or 82-069 and see if you could get these to work. They are interchangeable, just different styles.
Hi,

Thanks for the response. I may need the outside for one door as that handle has also busted and the locking mechanism won't fit back in.

Do you have that also?

Clint
Profile picture of Tom
Sure thing, Clint. For the 82-069, check out our 82-042, which is the outside pull and which does come in white. I also just noticed your door handle is keyed, so for both the 82-042 and 82-069 I recommend our 82-310 key cylinder.

If you want to go with the 82-035, see our 82-309 key lock and 82-044 outside pull.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)