SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding Door Interior Handle

A home owner from Harrisburg, PA says:
I live in a townhome community called Saddle Ridge at Waverly in Susquehanna Township, PA. The builder has gone out of business, but I found a label in the frame of my sliding door which stated "Fairway Building Products". I called them, they said they don't handle it anymore but that they had used Great Lakes Windows. When I called Great Lakes Windows, they referred me to you. The third photo above shows a number of "300176". And other measurements. The color of the door/handle is a beige/tan/off white color.
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
One of the most important features of this kind of handle is the spacing of the installation holes. See our 82-041, which may work for you. This has a hole spacing of 3-15/16". What do you think?
A home owner from Harrisburg, PA says:
Hi Paul, Thanks very much, that looks close but not identical. I don't mind the mismatch, except I'm concerned about the locking mechanism that comes with the part number you mentioned. All of the locking mechanism, as well as the exterior handle which is exactly the same as the interior handle, are in tact and in good condition. Would the solution you proposed require me to reinstall the interior locking mechanism as well as to change from the style of exterior handle to a flat-type pull?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I guess it depends on what you have now. I don't know what locking mechanism you have. If you show me a few pictures of that, in addition to the rest of the damaged handle (both inside and outside), we could zero in on a solution.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)