SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding Door Lock

A home owner from So. Portland, Maine says:
I have a sliding door lock that needs replacing. US Patent 5125703-D340398. Sash Controls Ferndale, MI. 2260 Taiwan. I can send 5 more photos. It has never really worked. Seems like the inner lock latch won't emerge or contract fully. I am the homeowner and Realtor, but have someone who will install. Not sure which model it is. House built in 1998. House closing 6/9. Need to replace for new owner. Thank you.

John
User submitted photo of their door handle.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Depending on the thickness of the door, I would recommend that you look at either our 82-034 or 82-075. We also carry the 82-227 mortise lock, which appears similar to yours. Finally, look at our 89-021D keeper, if you need it.
A home owner from So. Portland, Maine says:
Thanks Paul- I think it's the guts that are the problem, so I've gone with the 82-227 mortise lock. The measurements from your site seem to match what I have here. Fingers crossed...or let us pray.
A professional from CA says:
Judging from the picture, you may have the vertical mortise lock. This should not be an issue either way because the lever moves 360 degrees and works with both styles.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)