Sliding Door Mortise Lock Part #: 1060-1943

A home owner from Ewing, NJ says:
Hey everyone, the latch on my sliding door mortise lock doesn't extend any more and I was looking to replace it.

Is has an inside latch with 5-3/8" installation hole centers and a 45 degree dead-latch. The Mortise-Lock/pd/Patio-Glass-Door-Replacement-Internal-Locks/82-227 looks to be the replacement part but I'm concerned that there are no mounting screw holes on the sides of it like mine does.

Can anyone verify that the lock will come with side mounting holes or whether they're actually necessary? Thanks, in advance, for your help!
A home owner from Ewing, NJ says:
Doesn't look like the pictures loaded the first time.
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I agree, the 82-227 looks like a close match. I'm not sure about those side mounting installation holes. Our 82-227 does not use them, and I've never used such a thing. Check out the video below to see how this type of lock is typically installed.
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.