SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding Door Rollers Replacement

A quick learner says:
Greetings,

I need to replace the rollers of my sliding door. The door is becoming difficult to open or close. Also, the noise coming off from the rollers is abnormal. To ensure that the rollers are the problem, the track is cleaned on a frequent basis.

Since there is no visible manufacture name plate on the door, all I have are the attached pictures. A sticker with numbers is available, but I believe that the information is of small value -SGD-R20-96X96. The 96X96 is an indication of the door size. I wonder, based on the pictures, if you can help me select the correct rollers? I would like to have the parts on hand before removing the door.

Thanks

Art
User submitted image of their door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. The sticker indicates that this is a Paramount door made in 2000, but we do not have a record as to what roller they used. If they're anything like other manufacturers, they used all kinds of different generic rollers over the years. In order to identify the proper replacement roller, you will need to remove yours from the door so that we can see it and reference its measurements.

I know it's a hassle, but that's just how these doors are designed. Manufacturers would rather you replace the entire door instead of purchasing a few little replacement parts, so they don't really make it easy for you.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)