SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding Door Track

A home owner from USA says:

As discussed on the phone, I am looking for a replacement door track cover for my sliding door. Please see the attached for the mention of "arcadia model 102-2 within the frame of the door. The question is whether I will be ok with just the new track cover (Product 80-103), or if I need an entirely new track.

There are two pictures of the track, note that the track appears to have some chamfer, giving the impression that the door itself is slightly angled. It is difficult to see in the pictures. I'm guessing replacing the entire track would be quite difficult.

Thank you very much for your help!

User submitted image of their door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Mike. From your photos, I think our 80-103 should work for you, but you will need to adjust the door up a little. It looks like it's rubbing on the bottom track plate. Also see the video below, this might be of help.
A home owner from Ann Arbor says:
Thank you for the reply. I watched the video, and it doesn't appear my wheels can be raised with the lower screw. Any idea how my wheels might work? I absolutely agree that my biggest problem is the door being too low and scraping the bottom. Happened even with a functioning track guard.

I am slightly apprehensive about attempting to remove the door completely, since it is very old and I've never done that job before.

Thanks again for the advice.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
If neither screw adjusts the door, then it's possible the roller itself is broken. The only way to know for sure what roller it is you have is to see it removed. I'm afraid patio door manufacturers don't like to make it easy to identify replacement hardware.
A professional from CA says:
The 2 visible screws hold the frame together. The rubber stopper covers the adjustment screw. It's about 2" inside.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)