SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding Door handle Mortise Lock

A home owner from Saint Louis says:
The double mortice lock part stopped working and the kids broke the lever off. Not sure if I can buy just the lever and internal mortise. If not I need the whole package deal. White, double mortise lock.
User submitted photos of a patio door handle.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. It's possible that the mortise lock is fine, and that just the thumb lock is broken. Unfortunately, they are not available separately as they are pressed into the handle in the factory. That said, check out our 82-034 and see if this is a possible match.

To test to see if the mortise lock is broken or not, you can try turning it with a screwdriver to see if it still works.
A quick learner says:
I just did the screwdriver test and the locks still work fine. I don't see a white handle listed and HATE to replace with any other color. Are you positive there is no way for a thumb lock to be reinstalled?
Profile picture of Tom
We would be happy to research a white version of this handle set, but first we should make sure it's the right match. How do the dimensions compare? Is the hole center spacing the same as our 82-034?
A quick learner says:
I took it off and was able to match it at a specialty store in the area yesterday. We were able to order just the handle/ thumb lock part and not the lock. If it doesn't work out I will re post here. Thanks for the help!
Profile picture of Tom
Oh, great! Let us know how it works. If you have any other questions, I'd be more than happy to assist you in any way.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)