SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding Door lockset

A home owner from Los Angeles says:
I am looking to replace this item - the dimensions are:

Inside handle: 9"
Outside handle and inside handle base: 7-1/4"
Door locking mechanism: 6"

I don't particularly love the look of this, something more modern would be great. I appreciate your guidance.

Thank you.
User submitted photos of sliding door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I hope I can find this lock for you--in a more contemporary style, of course--but I'll need a bit more information before I can. If at all possible, can you give me the distance between the installation screw holes, center-to-center, for the inside handle? Thank you!
A home owner from Los Angeles, CA says:
Hi Tom,

There are 4" between screw holes on the inside handle.

Thank you!
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you. In that case, I recommend that you take a look at our 82-035 Patio Door Handle Set. You may also be interested in some of its related sets, like our 82-031 or 82-020.
A home owner says:
This assistance is awesome - do I order the round face lock? The 82-218?
Can you tell from the photo above?

Actually, the 82-226 is what looks correct to me?

Thank you!!
Profile picture of Tom
The pleasure is all ours! Now, if your inside lock is in good condition, you may not need to replace it. That said, It might not be a bad idea to do it anyway just to get everything done in one swoop. The 82-226 does look very similar to your own. I would just compare all their dimensions to make sure that they match up.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)