SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding Door needs help!!

A handy person from Penna / New Tripoli says:
Hello - We have this door that I'd like to repair. I believe its a Malta, which is what our windows are. House was built early 80's. Replacing the rollers is a must. Can I replace or update the track and latch as well?

Please advise...hope this door still has some life to it.

Thank you -- Del

p.s. I will be doing all the replacement myself if that makes a difference.
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Your roller could be the 81-018, but you will need to remove the rollers from your door to confirm. I cannot tell what you have while they're still installed. Your track itself is large, but I do believe the 80-100 could work as a replacement. About the lock handle set, I cannot identify it from your photo. Please take few photos of the lock itself so we can see what you have.
A quick learner from New Tripoli, PA says:
Thank you Dave for your advice.... I'd like to try and only remove this door once and replace everything.
Do you think this door could be any other roller? I'll order both and return which does not work, same with the track.

Thanks again for your help.

Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Yes, it's entirely possible you have a different roller. There are many possibilities, which is why it's always a good idea to double check what you have before you purchase anything. If you buy the wrong roller, you'll have to take off the door anyway, only to have to put it back on. You'd pretty much be doing the same amount of work, but with more frustration and less peace of mind!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)