SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding Glass Door Handle

A home owner from North San Diego County says:
looking for replacement door handles for my Sliding Glass Patio Door Handles that have failed. I believe after looking at your catalog on line the 82-005 model will work but I would like some conformation before placing an order?

The 82-005 appears to be the same but the exterior plate cannot be seen? Mine are recessed into the door so that the exterior of the door remains "ALMOST" flush. I am sending some pictures that will hopefully help you respond.

Overall Height is 7 1/4",Distance between mounting bolts is 4 15/16", Total Height of Exterior backing plate is 8 1/4". I made a quick sketch of the dimensions for the backing plate as this is the area of my concern.

Please feel free to contact me with questions.

Kindest regards,
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello, Randy. The outside pull of the 82-005 is a flat plate with a recessed handle that goes back in towards the glass. See the picture below. The height is 7-1/4", though, so it might be too short. If your exterior handle is still good, you can reuse it with the new interior locking handle.
Profile view of the <a href=82-005 handle set' />
A home owner from North San Diego County says:
Thanks for the reply. The problem is that the outside "Pull" has the threaded area for the two mounting screws. It is all plastic so they have broken with time. The door has oval cut outs for the Pull to recess into. The inside handle at this point just falls off with nothing to fasten into. I am willing to replace the entire handle or just the outside Pull which ever I can find. Does Swisco have any products that might help?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Randy, maybe I can help. I just checked with some suppliers and was told that the outside handle you need is no longer available. We carry the 82-042 outside handle, which is, surface mounted, but it's only 7-3/8" long so I'm not sure if it will cover the cut out in the door. You might have to get a flat cover plate made up to cover the hole cut out in the door.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)