SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding Glass Door Handle Replacement, 5 5/8" hole spacing

A quick learner from 80526 says:
Hi, I have a rather unique handle/lock assembly that just broke off my sliding glass door. It appears to be a mortise latch type assembly with a total of 4 locking latches spaced vertically along the door. The hole spacing for most of these type handles seems to be pretty standard at 3 15/16", but those clearly do not work on my door, as the spacing on my set is 5 5/8" spacing. Do you have anything like this?

There is no manufacture information that I could find on the door, but the label part description is "SGD-R30-72x80"

I've attached a photo showing the handle set with a tape for scale.
User submitted a photo of patio door handles.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good morning! Have a look at our 82-034 and let me know if this could be a match.
A quick learner says:
No, that does not look like a match. The hole centers on that set are 3 15/16" spacing. The hole centers on my set are 5 5/8" spacing
A professional from California says:
It is unlikely that you will find a handle with those dimensions. You will most likely need to re-drill for the more common hole spacing of 3-15/16.
The easiest way is to hold the handle against the door with the latch lever in the proper hole and mark through the two holes in the handle where to drill. It is very possible that one of the two holes will already line up.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Sorry for the confusion! This is a very weird lock. I agree with the professional from California, his advice is spot on.
A home owner from KS says:
Did the recommendation from CA work for you? I am looking for the same time.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)