Sliding Glass Door Handle Set

A quick learner from NC says:
The screws on handle measure 6 5/8" and were attached to the external keyed handle with black plastic mounts. the handle opening on the door is 7 1/4" high by 3/4" wide with the lock opening pretty low and 2" center hole. Notice the exterior handle, it sat on the outside of the opening edges and sets the lock back off flush 1/4". There are no other idents on this other than "Japan". The plastic parts crumbled and I am looking for a replacement that is keyed and will cover precut hole. The interior hole side gets filled with the handle assembly, but the exterior handle is the problem as I need it to cover that 7 1/4" x 3/4". Any help id appreciated.
User submitted image of their door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Your inside handle appears to be the same as the one used on the 82-002K lock set. I'm not sure if the exterior portion will match up to the one you have in your door, however this is the closest match we have to the one you show in your photos. Take a look and see if you could get this to work.
A quick learner from NC says:
Hi, The inside part is pretty standard, its the outside part (pic on right) that needs to cover the opening 7 1/4". The outside concave handle rests on the outer side edges (see the marks on pic) of the opening so it won't fall through (see pic). I know its a tough one and I can't find a manufacturer Id anywhere.

Your help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Mark
A professional from CA says:
I would drill through the spot where the plastic inserts were and put in a binder post to reuse the current handle.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I agree, drilling the spot where the screw broke off in the exterior handle might be the way to go. Then you can go to a hardware store in your area and purchase a through bolt/binder post to match the handle screw and use that to secure the handle through the door. You could also use a nut and bolt, but a binder post looks nicer on the outside of the door.
A professional from CA says:
A nut and bolt can also be loosened or removed from the outside. Not desirable.
How to install the 82-002K sliding door handle key plug
How to install the 82-002K sliding door handle key plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a sliding glass door handle set
How to replace a sliding glass door handle set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.