SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding Glass Door Handle With Key Lock Assembly

A home owner from USA says:
I have a SGD-R35-72x80 sliding glass door. I don't know if this is the brand or what; I got this number off of the gold sticker that was in the track of the door.

I bought a replacement handle at Lowe's that I thought would accommodate the keylock and still fit the door, and also ordered a key lock to be installed into the handle. I tried to install the lock and handle assembly into the door but the holes do not line up with the keylock assembly in place. The handle holes line up just fine. The holes in the door where the keylock assembly goes is not centered between the screw holes for the handle.

Attached is a picture of a drawing that I made of the spacing of the holes drilled in the door. Do you have a handle in which holes are not centered like this, or do you think I need to drill new holes into the door to match the door handle with the keylock in place?

Please let me know what you think
User submitted photo of their door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
It would really be best if we saw the original handle set on your doors. Do you still have it available? Can you also confirm the hole spacing between the two installation holes? You aren't supposed to count the center hole for the latch lever, just the two screw holes. I think it could be 3-15/16". If so, we have a bunch of different handles that can work for you. Start by looking at our 82-035 handle set and and 82-309 key lock. The 82-035 handle set comes with an adjustable thumb lever that can work in a low position, like where your center hole is. We also have a video on how to use the 82-309 lock with the 82-035 handle set.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)