SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding Glass Door Keeper

A home owner from Tampa, Florida says:
I need several replacement door keepers for my sliding glass doors. I contacted the manufacturer - Custom Window Systems in Ocala, FL. They claim to have never used the particular keeper on my doors. I built this house and am sure they provided the doors. In any case, the keeper is large - 4" long. I cannot use a shorter replacement because there is a cut-out in the metal on the door jamb where shorter keeper screws would be placed.
Do you carry a product I could use?
Thank you for your reply.
User submitted a photo of a patio door keeper.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Check out our 89-003. I know it's not as long as yours, but it may still work. Carefully look it over and let me know what you think.
A home owner from Tampa, Florida says:
Thank you for your reply. No, I'm sure it won't work. The added problem with the 2" long cut-out underneath the keeper means screws cannot be placed to hold this shorter keeper. Screws must be no closer than 2 1/2" on center in order to screw into the jamb. The 89-003 is only 2 5/8" long overall. I thought I might have a local company die cast some for me, but the cost is prohibitive. Not sure what I'm going to do at this point.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thank you again for your patience in this matter. Unfortunately, we have not been able to find a keeper that is 4" long like yours. In fact, I've never seen anything like that. The only thing I can suggest is maybe getting a small metal plate at a local hardware store, mounting it where you place a keeper, and then installing one of ours over it. Even then, I cannot guarantee that it will work. I am sorry we cannot be of more help.
A professional from California says:
I would take a closer look at 89-006.
If it fits the opening, he could either cut off the alignment pin, or drill a hole in the door to accept it.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)