SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding Glass Door Track

A quick learner from Wyoming says:
I'm having trouble finding a solution to the track that is on my sliding glass door. The problem is the track has started to crack off where the wheels run, probably do to the brittle cold temperatures we've had lately. Is there a track replacement that will go over the track I have now? Or is there something I can fill the track in to give in a new surface to run the wheels on?

I have seen some track replacement parts but they don't seem to match the type of track this door runs on. Also, I'm unable to find the type of door manufacture.

Thanks for the help,
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I have a few suggestions. Depending on the height of your track, see if you could use the 80-100 or 80-102. If you can remove or cut off your existing track, I would also recommend that you see if you can use the 80-106 replacement track. I'm not sure what type door you have, but I have recently used the 80-106 in replacing a track in a vinyl sliding patio door. I believe the old track just sat at the bottom of the door sill and I was able to just pull it out after removing the door. I then cut the 80-106 to size and dropped it into the sill. After adjusting the rollers and the door worked fine. This may not work for you but it's worth considering.
A quick learner says:
Thanks for the suggestions. I think I'm going to give the 80-106 a try and cut out the portion of the track the wheels run. Then cut the 80-106 for length and width to fit into place.

I'll let you know how it works out.

Much appreciated,
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)