SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding Glass Handle

A home owner from Statesville, NC says:
I am trying to find a sliding glass door set. I am attaching some pictures of what was taken off. The inside handle was broke off. the distance between the bottom whole and top whole on the door itself is 3 15/16. The two holes in the middle of the door itself are key slots the one on the bottom(second from bottom) is to lock from outside and the on the top (second from top) is to lock from the inside. I am attaching also photo of the manufacturer of home. Please help me try to find this door handle set.
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Based on this information, I think you should consider our 82-069 handle set with 82-310 key cylinder. Your internal mortise latch appears to match our 82-218.Please review this hardware and let me know what you think.
A quick learner says:
In the photo you will see four slots. Bottom and top are for screws. The second slot from bottom is clylinder from the outside. The second slot from the top is for the inside latch to lock. The photo for 82-069 is showing one single latch in the center for the interior. I thinking it needs to be off center. What do you think?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I see what you mean. The top and bottom holes are for the mounting screws. However, you only need to use one of the other holes for the thumb lever. Looking at you photo of the mortise lever, I believe you need to use the lower of the two middle holes. Mortise locks only use one thumb lever.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)