SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding Glass patio door handle with lock needed

A home owner from Fulton, Texas says:
The attached picture is the existing sliding glass door handle on my mobile home park model. I wonder if you can provide a replacement door handle with the same stuff.
User submitted a photo of a patio door handle.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Take a look at our 82-069 and see how well this matches your own hardware. Keep in mind that one of the most important dimensions is the distance between the two screw holes, center-to-center.
A home owner from Fulton Texas says:
I need a handle with keyed lock to lock from the outside.
Profile picture of Tom
You could use the 82-310 to give the 82-069 into a keyed lock.
A quick learner from Fulton Texas says:
When I line up the lock I don't have a screw hole on the bottom for the inside handle.

See attached Photo
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
I'm sorry to hear that it didn't work out. What is the distance between the two screw holes, center-to-center? That will help us find a better match.
A quick learner from Fulton Texas says:
This is not about the two screw holes. the two screw holes match perfectly. The problem is that the handle must be adjusted so the lock goes into the lock hole.

The pictures demonstrate the measurements of all of this.

would you please consult with your co workers and get the best advice on this one.
Profile picture of Tom
I'm still a little confused as to what the problem is. Looking at your picture, the arrows are showing that the holes do not line up. Are you saying that the problem lies with the thumb lever, instead? If so, you can adjust the thumb lever on the 82-069 to work in either the top middle hole or bottom middle hole, whichever is necessary to match the inside mortise lock. Check out the video below to see what I mean.

In that video, we are using the bottom middle hole.

If you have already done this and it still does not fit, then the 82-069 may not be the appropriate replacement for your old handle. In this case, I would like to see the front side of your old handle, rather than the insides.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)