SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding Patio Door Assembly

A home owner from Harwich Ma. says:
The Aluminum Channel Dimensions: Outside Width - 5/8" Inside Width - 1/2" Inside Height - 1 1/8"

The Assembly slides into the channel.

The Assembly Dimensions: Width - 1/2" Height - 1 1/32" Length - 1 7/8"

Wheel Diameter: 2 1/4"

Markings: Production Ent #6232

User submitted photos of a patio door roller.
Reference # D54564

Upon reviewing the information I provided, I noticed that the wheel diameter should have been 1 1/8", not 2 1/4".

Sorry for the inconvenience.
User submitted a photo of a patio door roller.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, and for the correction! Based on your information, I would recommend our 81-090. This may possibly work for you.
Paul;

Thank you for your response.

I do not believe this model will work as it does not have a bottom cut out like the top one on the screw end. The bottom needs to go over the screw that tightens the channel & assembly together.

I suggest you look closely at the bottom of the assembly on the screw side to see what I am talking about.

I have done some additional research and I believe the sliding door is an Anderson, the model from 1975 to the early 80's called a Terratone.

If an assembly has the dimensions as described with the U cut at the bottom, it may work.

Thanks for your assistance.

Phil
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I know what you mean with the slight cut out on the bottom of the roller housing. We have discussed this to the roller manufacturer several times and their reply was that the wheel adjustment would bring the housing above the door rail. We have never been able to find an exact match. If the bottom groove is absolutely necessary, you could also consider cutting it out in the 81-090.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)