SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding Patio Door Lock

A home owner from USA says:
I am looking for a replacement lock for a sliding patio door. It is an inner lock and the measurements of the opening are 80 mm long and 13 mm wide with a rounded face. The distance between the centers of the two screw holes is 92 mm as best I can measure. The original lock fell into the door frame and I do not know how to retrieve it!
Thanks for your help!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Based on the distance between screw hole centers, I think you should consider our 82-218, which seems to match. Does this look familiar? Be sure to also watch our video on the proper method of installation.
A quick learner from USA says:
I added this Monday a comment but I do not see it. I stated that the lock I received 82-218 does not fit because it is too tall: the opening is only 80 mm long and this lock is a 100mm long. Thanks
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm sorry to hear the 82-218 didn't work for you. What is the distance between the two installation holes, center to center? Can you also give me the dimensions in inches? Thank you!
A home owner from Niles MI says:
The distance between both centers of the screwholes: 3 and 5/8th inch

The cut out opening for the lock is 3 and 1/8 inch long and 1/8 in wide.

Thanks for all the help!
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
So I took a closer look at the 82-218 Mortise Lock in our stock to check on the measurements: the exact hole centers are 3-11/16" (as listed online), which is just a little over 3-5/8". Then I measured for the hole cutout for the door and that measures 3-3/16".

Both of these measurements look fairly close to yours.

And about your width being 1/8" wide, the 82-218 is 1/2" wide-- your 1/8" width measurement seems too narrow, so if you could, send us a picture with the measurements so we can confirm what you're working with.

Once we can take a look we'll be on our way to helping you identify a replacement part.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)