SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding Patio Door Replacement Handles/Locks

A quick learner from Maryland says:
I am looking for 2 replacement slider handles for doors that are approx. 8 years old. Can you help please?
User submitted photos of a patio door handle set.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Good afternoon and thank you for contacting our Discussion board! We have a couple that could match, depending on the thickness of your door. Check out our 82-073 and 82-074 and see what you think!
A quick learner says:
What is your return policy if I decided to try both sizes for the one that fits best? Also I believe I need the locking mechanism that goes inside the door as well. Is that correct?
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
You can see our return policy here, but it would probably be easier to simply measure the width of your door to confirm which is better. That would save you the trouble of returning the incorrect handle.

As for the mortise lock, there are a few possibilities. Start by looking at our 82-218 and see how well its dimensions match the holes left over. Especially the spacing between the two installation holes. If they differ in any way, let me know how.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)