SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding Patio Door Track Cover

A handy person from Home says:
I would like to identify which track cover I need for my patio door--1/4 or 9/16
I have taken pictures to illustrate my needs-hopefully
I noticed that the patio door has the exactly the same track and wheels on the fixed door so I will eventually ask for you to identify what wheels I need after I take them out of the fixed door
As you can see I included a photo showing the terrible shape the track I want to cover is in
User submitted photos of a patio door track.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Unfortunately, I can't really tell what track cover you need based on these pictures. It's not just based on the height of your track, but also its clearance in the door. You will have to double check that to make sure.

In the meantime, please take a look at our handy tutorial video for how to install these track covers. This may grant some more insight as to what you need to know.
A handy person from Palm Coast FL says:
I pulled up on the door and got a measurement greater then 3/4 of an inch from the bottom of the threshold to the bottom of the door--I think I measured it correctly...Does this help with deciding which track cover would work 1/4 or 9/16 for my door?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Based on your measurements, it does sound like you have the clearance under the door to clear the higher track cover, 80-100.
A handy person from Palm Coast FL says:
Since the track is so bad I considered the 80-106 6' Sliding Glass Door Track as a replacement
and what rollers would it take--my door takes the 81-020 will they work with the 80-106 Sliding Glass Door Track
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Yes, the 81-020 Sliding Door Roller should work well with the 80-106 Sliding Glass Door Track.
A quick learner from Boca Raton, FL says:
Thanks for posting that video. It took me a while to find something on the internet pertaining to my problem/issue. It was just what I needed.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)