Sliding Patio Glass Door Tandem Rollers

A home owner from USA says:
I have an Andersen 8' wood sliding glass door that was purchased on 9/11/78. Looking at the old receipt it looks like the model # is W8068. There is another # on the receipt that is 70908068. I don't know if that is a stocking #. From what I can gather from reading your site your part # 81-018 should be the correct Sliding Patio Glass Door Tandem Rollers for this door. Can you verify this and do you have them in stock?

TIA
Bob
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Yes, our 81-018 is often used for Andersen glass sliding doors. However, I cannot confirm if that's what you have. The best way to do that is to remove the rollers from your door and carefully compare them to the specs we show online for the 81-018.
A professional from California says:
If the door has adjustment holes on the inside of the house that would be a clue.
A home owner from Rhode Island says:
Well Paul I got a chance to remove the door today. Had to wait till I had help removing it. My rollers have the same specs as your 81-018 rollers assembly. So I ordered 2 of the 81-018. The reason I had to wait for help is this door weighs over a hundred pounds. Would you know the carrying capacity of each assembly. I didn't see anything in the specs giving that info. Oh! we had a hard time getting the worn rollers back on the track after removing the door. Got any secrets to make that a little easier when we install the new ones.

TIA
Bob
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us, Bob. Glad to hear our 81-018 is a match. When you install the new rollers, adjust them all the way up into the door. Then, use a putty knife to help slide them over the door lip when putting the door back on track.
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.