SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding Patio Glass Door handle and locking mechanism

A handy person from Ann Arbor says:

I need a replacement for a sliding patio door handle. We lost the locking mechanism for the door when we took off the handle (which we also lost). So I am looking for new handle with a lock The photos I uploaded show both parts of the door and where it locks into.

The measurements are on photo 1: inset metal panel 6" x 3/4", opening where the lock would come out 3", distance between screws 4 5/8"

photo 2: This shows where the handle should be. The distance between screws 4", distance between center holes 1.5". The holes themselves are 1" diameter.

photo 3: shows where the lock fits into. This piece is fixed to the wall side of the door frame. It is 41/4" x 5/8". The opening is 1 1/4" x 1 1/2"

I am sorry I do not know the name of the glass door. It is a double 8' door, white vinyl , quite heavy.

If you could help me locate a possible replacement or let me know what I should be looking for I would really appreciate it.

best, Melanie
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good morning, Melanie. Thanks for posting. I think you might want to take a look at our 82-031, 82-035, or our 82-069. These handles appear to match the dimensions you have and may work as replacements for your missing handle. Take a look and see if you agree.
A quick learner says:
Thanks very much Tom for quick and helpful reply.
Just ordered 82-035 and hope to have a door in working order again.
best, Melanie
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)