SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding Patio door Missing Seal

A handy person from Chicago says:
Hi,
Attached are two photos of the bottom of my sliding patio door. I believe product 58-045, Gray Wool Pile, 9/32" x 1/4" will fit?
Thank you,
Bryan
User submitted photos of a patio door.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Bryan. I honestly can't tell. It's hard to tell what your dimensions are based on these pictures. Would a base of 9/32" fit in the groove? Can you also tell if the height of 1/4" will offer enough of a seal? Just by eyeballing your images, I might go a little higher.
A handy person from Chicago says:
Yes, 9/32 will fit. The height appears between 8-9/64ths. So, I should consider a higher pile and allow for compaction (what is the reccomended compaction %)? Keep in mind it is below 0F and extremely dry. How will the wood door spacing be affected in the summer humidity?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
If the height is closer to 1/8", then I wouldn't go any higher then 1/4". This will make sure door can close in all seasons. Wood doors do contract and expand in different seasons, but I don't know exactly how much compression you can expect.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)