SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding Screen Door Bottom Rollers

A home owner from Missoula, Montana says:
I'm in need of a couple of lower spring roller assemblies for my sliding screen door.
Said sliding patio door unit is an Eagle brand.
Since I'm not too handy with a computer, I hope the pictures of one of the old broken roller units I've attached will make it to you.
Appreciate any assistance you can give, and Thanks in advance.

User submitted a photo of a screen door roller.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Your picture is perfect! Check out our 84-078 and see if this is a good match for you.
A home owner from MISSOULA, MONTANA says:
Tom------

Thanks for your quick reply, and coming up with what looks like exactly what I need.

Just a couple of thoughts before I order a couple of them-------------

The one that you found----84-078---is described as an Andersen, Upper roller, when, in fact, it's one of two Lower rollers on an Eagle brand unit....I guess Eagle could be a division of Andersen, but, it's still a Lower, not an upper.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I can't speak for Eagle brand doors, as I am unfamiliar with them, but I know one common issue with Andersen screen doors (especially those that use this roller) is that many handy people actually install them upside-down! You may want to check to make sure that isn't the case with your screen door.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)