Sliding closet door parts

A quick learner from Chubbuck, ID says:
I have two sliding doors that are driving me crazy in a house I just purchased.

From you catalog I have confirmed that 23-024 and 23-025 are the correct hangers from measurements, and appearance; however, on my application, they are not technically hangers they are at the bottoms of the doors.

So, my first question is are these designed to be used on the bottom as well as the top?

And, what is the replacement track to be used if bottom mounting is ok. (Yes current track appears to need cleaning, but it appears to be slightly bent at the other end so replacement might be the easiest resolution.)

Here is a photo of the bottom track with a ruler for measurement (71" inches wide)
User submitted a photo of a closet door track.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I don't think either our 23-024 or 23-025 will work. As you said, they are not made to go on the bottom, so there's no telling if they can support the weight of your door. Furthermore, your bottom track is specifically meant to be used with concave wheels, which the 23-024 and 23-025 do not have.

I think right now it would be best to see a few pictures of your bottom rollers so that we can try to find a better match.
A quick learner says:
This is evidently a builder designed failure. The front door has 2-23-024 rollers, and the back door has 2-23-002 rollers. (Dealer probably had too many drinks at lunch and then installed the door.)

I'm going to try one thing and that is replace the front rollers with 23-024 and the back with 23-025 (want to get a bit more room between doors). And see how that works.

I have removed the bottom track, cleaned it, and re-installed and the doors do operated better. But do want to replace the rollers.

If that doesn't work; time to trim the door down and install overhead hangers like the other closet doors.

Thanks for all your help.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Sure thing, let us know how it works out.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.