SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding closet door replacement part

A quick learner from Edison NJ says:
I am looking for a sliding door replacement part that says 3/4 front and 1-3/8 Rear. U.s. pat no. 3.041.657

Sample image attached.

Please me know if you have this.
User submitted photos of closet door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Good afternoon. Thanks for getting in touch with us. I have a couple suggestions for you: take a look at our 23-031 and 23-047 and compare them to your hardware here. Could you use either of these as a replacement?
A handy person says:
Thanks. I placed the order for 23-047 as they matched with the front and rear measurements as in the image.
A quick learner from NJ says:
The wheel does not fit in the rails. The body part that goes on the door is perfect. Please advice if you have same product with smaller wheels for the track.

If you do not have a similar product with smaller wheels then, I would like to return the product. Please give me a return authorization for returning this product.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm sorry to hear that they didn't work. Hopefully we can find something else for you. Could you tell me what the wheel diameter of your original roller is?
A handy person says:
Its like a little less than 3/4 of an inch. I have a picture taken that is attached.

Please process the returns for the existing part that I have so that I can mail it in.

Please advise.
User submitted a photo of a closet door roller.
Profile picture of Tom
Are you sure it won't fit? The wheels of our 23-047 have a 3/4" diameter, as well. I think yours used to be 3/4", but were just worn down over time.

Where are you running into problems during installation? Are you sure that the wheel size is the problem?
Profile picture of Tom
As an additional solution, you might want to consider replacing the track kit entirely. Check our our 23-500, 23-501, 23-502, and 23-503 kits for a few options.
A handy person says:
I run in to a problem after I fix this part on the sliding closet door and try to install it on the rails. That's when I found out that the wheel wouldn't go in to the tracks. When I tried fitting this part in the rails with out the door, it went in but had difficulty rolling as it was fitting tightly on the tracks.

I am doing something wrong here? Pl. Advise.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Well, if both your wheels and our wheels are 3/4" in diameter, then I'm not sure that's the problem. Could it be the track? Maybe it's warped or bent. What kind of condition is it in? Replacing the whole track system like tom suggested might be your best bet.
A handy person from Brewster, MA says:
I just replaced using 23-047. Had a problem with wheel size. 3/4" dia. was OK but width was to big. Used a Dremel rotary tool to solve the problem. I reduced the width by about one third. I also but an angle on each edge at the bottom. Just be careful not to get the wheel out of round. They work great.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)