Sliding closet door rollers

A quick learner from Pasadena, TX says:
I have several sliding closet doors that have failed to stay on tracks and with broken wheels. I suspect our builder may not have used proper rollers because some of them have different offsets. The metal roller part that attached to the doors rubbed against the doors. Can you recommend the proper rollers?

Doors are 1 3/8" thick and tracks are 1 1/2" apart (measured from center of track to center of track). The doors are 6 panel hollow core doors and vary in width from 23 3/4" and 29 3/4".

One of my rollers looks just like your part # 23-004. But, the raised channel between the screw hole and slot is what rubbed on the doors, evident by marks on the doors and paint that rubbed off the roller raised channel.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Is there any way you can send us a photo of your current part so that we may make some comparisons against our hardware?
Here is a picture of one roller that was on the 23 3/4 door. It has less offset. The 29 3/4 door had a similar piece with more offset. I don't understand why offset would be different given the tracks and doors are the same width and thickness.
Roller
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us. On closest door rollers like these, the rear door needs a roller with a deeper off set than that of the front rollers. The deeper off set on the rear doors should give you the space you need. Like you mentioned, the installers may not have been aware of this and they just installed whatever. Take a look at the list on the right hand side of this page. I can't tell if your wheel is 3/4" diameter like the 23-001 and 23-002 or 7/8" like on the 23-004 and 23-005.
Thanks, it's 7/8", so I'll order the 23-004 and 23-005.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Great! Thank you for your business. Please let me know if it works out, or if we can be of any help in the future.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.