SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding closet door solution

A home owner from USA says:
I have a closet opening of 108", bottom track and it has three doors but only two tracks, so there is no configuration of the doors where I can have the right and left sides of the closet fully open at the same time.

So I'm looking for a solution: 1) either I can add a single bottom track along the full width of the opening so each of the three doors can pass each other/overlap each other; or 2) I can replace the double track I have with a triple track along the full width of the opening.

So, can you help me with either a 108" single bottom track or a 108" triple bottom track? I'm looking at the 23-240+ style track in the satin nickel finish.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! We may be able to help with this, yes. What kind of doors do you have now? Are they wood, mirror, or metal? Also, do you have a top track now? Finally, I'd like to see a few pictures of your existing tracks and roller hardware just to get a good idea of what we're working with.
A quick learner from Charlotte, NC says:
The existing doors are mirrored with a small frame (not decorative) and there is a top "channel" but it seems to only serve to guide the doors; it doesn't carry any weight, only the bottom track has the weight and the rollers. It appears from the pictures of your 23-240, 241, 242, 243 that it is the same style bottom track.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately, we do not have any triple-rail track systems. The only thing we can recommend is using two dual-rail tracks side-by-side, and simply ignoring the fourth rail.
A professional from California says:
You are going to need a top rail also.
You will need a surface to attach the second top track.
If this is on the ceiling it might work with anchors, but I'd bet there isn't a header up there.
Just some things to think about.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)