SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding door handle

A home owner from Shawnee, Ks says:
This is an image of the broken handle for the exterior sliding door. The only label I can find on the door, that I can read, says "SGD-R30". There's an interior sliding door, a sliding screen and the exterior door.
The flat area that attached to the sliding door is 3" by 3/4". The screw holes are approximately 2 1/4".
User submitted a photo of a patio door handle.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
The handle in your photo looks like it is off of a sliding screen door. I would like to see the latching side of the handle, if possible. That will help us in our search.
A quick learner from Shawnee, Ks says:
There isn't a latching side. The opposite side of the door is solid. This handle is on the inside of the exterior glass door.

We bought the house about a year ago and have been looking for a replacement for this handle. We did buy a screen door handle, but it didn't fit the holes and because the other side is solid, there's no way to screw the two parts together on the door.

On a screen door handle where grasp the handle with your fingertips the indentation goes out or away from you. The grasping part of the handle comes in or towards you.

Hope this isn't too confusing. If need be I can come up with drawings and/or cutaways of the door.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Hmm... in that case, the only other thing I can think of is drilling new holes for a substitute set like our 83-111. Could that possibly work for you?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)