SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding door latch is gone

A home owner from Oakland says:
Hello, I had doggy door panel installed but when I removed it, the latch on the frame of the door was missing. I'm not sure if my handy man removed it years ago when he installed the doggy panel. How can I find the right part to replace so the door handle can latch and lock? I included pictures with serial number. Please let me now the right part I need to purchase.

Thank you,
Alice
User submitted photos of a sticker on a patio door.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
It's hard to say what you have without seeing the original hardware. Look at the screw holes where the old handle installed and see if the 82-068 handle set could work in its place. You may also want to see our 82-238 lock and 89-030 keeper. Keep in mind that this is just an educated guess, I cannot guarantee that these will work.
Hello, I don't see any of those numbers I did retake the picture with a ruler so you can see the distance between the screw holes. One of the numbers I see is 032-137. Nothing that starts with 8. There is also a sticker that says " after door lock is adjusted, two #8 x 2 1/2 screws must be installed through the jamb to ensure security." Does this help?

Thank you,
Alice
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Don't worry about whether your numbers match ours. We give our products their own SWISCO codes. What's important is style and dimensions. You might want to remove the lock from the door to make sure it matches our suggested hardware.

Unfortunately, I cannot tell what your dimensions are. It's hard to tell with just a ruler held next to the part, especially with the hardware so recessed in the door. You will have to measure as best as you can and use your best judgement as to what the dimensions are. It will help if you look at the dimensions of our suggested hardware for reference.
I understand. If I order the wrong part, what is your return policy?

Thanks,
Alice
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Sure, you can see our return policy by viewing this link.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)