SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding door latch mechanism

A home owner from San Diego says:
This is a latch on a door that I guess is about 15-18 years old. It started to disintegrate a few days ago for no obvious reason. I didn't take it off yet, so no much more information on it. If this won't be enough for you to identify, I will take it off and figure out a way to secure to door with a wood bar for a while.

Thanks so much!
User submitted photos of patio door handles.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Take a look at our 82-009A. This looks slightly similar to your own hardware, but take a look and see what you think.
A handy person from San Diego says:
Tom,

Thanks so much. This looks really close. The only thing I could go by is the measure between the two screws and its almost perfect or perfect actually.

The one thing I'm missing is to see a photo from the other side, so I can understand how this actually operates. Is there a chance to see another photo or two? Or if not, can you confirm that the operating of this is similar to what you see on the right hand photo I sent? I'd rather be sure before I order this, although, again, this looks very very similar.

Thanks again,
Erez
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Certainly, Erez. Take a look at the image below. Does this clear things up?
Alternate view of 82-009A
A home owner from San Diego says:
Thanks Tom. That's what I was looking for.

Ordering it now.

Erez
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)