SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Need keyed version of my sliding door lock

A quick learner from Farmingdale, USA says:
I am trying to locate a keyed patio sliding door lock set. The old outside handle says "Sash Control, Inc." and "PT.1963". The inside handle says "1060-1943". It uses a mortise lock. The old pull handle does not have a key. I need to replace it with a keyed pull handle.

Oswin
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Oswin. Could I see a few pictures of your handle set? That will help us find a keyed alternative for you. Thanks!
A quick learner says:
The first uploaded image is the same as my lock. There are two differences- color and keyed pull handle. I have notes on each image.

The screw holes are 3-15/16" apart.

Thanks for your response.
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Great, thanks for the pictures. I think you might want to consider two options. Our 82-035 kit closely resembles your existing handle, but has a different outside pull. You could use our 82-309 along with it to give it a key lock, but it's a bit tricky to install and may require the help of a locksmith.

You could also consider our 82-031. It's a little different in style, but I think may still work. This has the same type of outer pull as your handle set, so you could use our 82-310 key cylinder.

What do you think?
A quick learner says:
If I want to re-use all my parts except the external pull handle, will your 82-306 work in its place?
Profile picture of Tom
Yes, I think our 82-306 is a possible replacement. It has a 3-15/16" hole spacing.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)