Sliding door lock broken

A friend from Watertown, CT says:
I don't know the manufacturer of the door but the lock won't work. I'm not sure if the whole thing needs to be replaced. I remembered it working for a while then all of a sudden it didn't work anymore and it seems like I'm the only one who remembers it working and the only one who wants to get it fixed. This would be a great help as this has been driving me crazy. It looks like you guys are really good with answering questions so i hope you can help me.
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Start by looking at our 82-001K handle set. This appears very similar to your handle, but let me know what you think.
A quick learner from Watertown, CT says:
The measurements match up perfectly. I didn't think it would be so easy to find the lock i was looking for. One problem was that i wasn't able to measure the bottom of the lock in 16ths. It measured at 7/8 but i assume that it would measure up to 15/16 if i had the right tool for it. Is this a simple set up where you just unscrew the old one and screw in the new one?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Yep! Installing this kind of handle set is fairly straightforward. If you need help, though, let me know and I'd be happy to assist you in any way I can.
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.