SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding door lock replacement needed

A quick learner from Sterlin, VA says:
I have a sliding door with a broken lock. There are MANY designs of the mortise lock with subtle differences. The AAMA label on the track reads "MFR: SIL-1, series 5500/5700 Patio Door". I called Simonton thinking the 5500 was theirs but they are not the manufacturer and can't help me. Can you help me identify the manufacturer so I can figure out which one of the dozens of locks I need to fit my door? Home Depot and Lowe's only carry one or two of them and they don't work. I can't order online sight unseen because of the subtleties (I've already tried 2 and returned them). I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'd be happy to help you identify what you need. I believe you have a Silverline patio door, which most commonly uses the 82-218 mortise lock. Could that be what you have? Carefully compare our dimensions and pictures to what you have now to confirm that it's a match. If not, please take a picture of your existing mortise lock for us to see and we can try to find a good match.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)