Sliding door lock/handle

A home owner from USA says:
we have a slider model sgd-r20 with a broken handle/door lock can you please tell me which replacement would work?

Josh
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Josh. Could I see a few pictures of the hardware in question? That will help us come up with a possible replacement.
A home owner from Enumclaw, Wa. says:
Here are some pics. We can reuse the handle but it's a little beat up. Let me know what you think. Thank you!
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Great, that helps give us a much better idea what you're working with. Can you also confirm the distance between the two screw holes, center-to-center? Judging by the style, I suspect it may be something like 3-15/16", but I would like you to confirm.

If it is, c heck out our 82-069 and see if you could use this as a replacement lock. As for the mortise lock, I would need to know the distance between the screw hole centers there, as well.
Correct, the screw holes are 3-15/16 and I don't know what the mortise lock is. If its the slot where the lock comes out of the door when engaged than its 3-5/8 between holes. So there is the inside of the door with the inside handle, the outside with the ouside handle, then the small side of the door where the lock engages to the jam. That is what I assume to be the location of the mortise lock. Hopefully that is right and you can help, be in touch! Thx!
Profile picture of Tom
I believe the hole that takes the mortise lock is shown in your bottom right image. If the distance between the hole centers is around 3-5/8", then I think you should consider our 82-218.
Yep that's it. When I pulled the latch out the lock dropped down inside, figures right, so all we need is the lock. I remeasured and that's it, 3-5/8. So what's next?
Profile picture of Tom
If you think this hardware can work for you, all that's left is to order it. All orders can be placed online on our site.
Reply to Thread
* Mandatory fields
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
82-218 : Mortise Lock, Round Face, 3-11/16
82-218
Price: $10.92
Mortise Lock, Round Face, 3-11/16"
82-069 : Sliding Glass Door Handle Set, 3-15/16
82-069
Price: $38.45
Sliding Glass Door Handle Set, 3-15/
How to install the 82-034 Legacy Handle Set
Video
How to install the 82-034 Legacy Handle...
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
Video
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
How to install the Swisco 82-069 Handle Set
Video
How to install the Swisco 82-069 Handle...
How to maintain a sliding glass door
Guide
How to maintain a sliding glass door