SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding door lockset

A home owner from Trinidad, CA says:
I have a Double-hook Mortise lock in my sliding glass door. It looks identical to your 82-238. To make sure I am trying to take the old lock out of the door. I have removed the four screws on the lock face, and I have removed the two screws holding the handle on.

I can't get the handle off the door, and I can't get the lock out of the door. Is there something more that I have to do to get the handle and lock off the door?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
In most cases you should be able to just unscrew the handle and remove it from the door. Could you show us a few pictures of your hardware? That may give us a better idea of what you're working with and what the issue may be.
A home owner from Trinidad, CA says:
I did not remove the screws holding the outside handle on the sliding glass door. Those two screws were holding the lockset in place. I got the lockset out and its dimensions are identical to your 82-238, so I am going to order it.

Thank you,
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)