SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding door needs new roller(s)

A quick learner from Bethel, Maine 042317 says:
unbranded metal sliding door has bad roller. Not much luck at local building supply or hardware with matching or identifying part which is rectangular 2+11/16" x 1+1/4" x approx. 3/4" deep (fits into 3/4" door frame opening), about a 1+1/4" diameter wheel has lost it's bushing. Brass colored steel construction. Adjustment screw forces wheel axle up a slanted slot in metal frame for height adjustment..
Upon calling Swisco and perusing on-line catalog, I see that item # 81-081 is most similar to what I have. It is not exact, but possibly could work and is very close in dimensions. Less length (2" vs. your 2+1/8") (5/8" vs. 3/4" width) but "dimple" width is about 13/16" to 7/8", though mine has several more "dimples". Will this likely work?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
It's possible the 81-081 can work, but I can't say for sure based only on your dimensions. Is there any way we can see a picture of your roller removed from the door?
Trying to add photos to my inquiry ref. # D69388 for replacing roller assembly for "patio door" thanks, Rick
User submitted photos of a patio door roller.
I forgot to include the width of the assembly which is about 5/8" for the case with dimple width of 13/16" to 7/8" or so. I now see what may be a closer match than prod. # 81-081...perhaps # 81-032 is better but there is no width given?
Now leaning toward product # 81-032 (rather than # 81-081) as the best match for my rollers???
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for the additional information. I agree, the 81-032 appears to be our closest match. I do not think the 81-081 is what you want. As long as all the dimensions match up and the hole placement at the rear of the housing, the 81-032 should be a good replacement.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)