SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding door part replacement

A quick learner says:
Hi, I'm looking to replace a standard sliding door handle with one of your keyed handles for an addition I am renting out. I was looking at your 82-073 part. When I measured the existing door, the installation hole measurements matched perfectly. However, the part was designed for doors of 1-3/8" thickness while my measurement puts my door at 1-1/2" thickness. Do you have any recommendations for me? I measured the outside of the door where the existing latch flips down from to lock the door. Was that the correct measurement?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
We also have the 82-074, which is made for doors that are 1-5/8" thick. Could that be better? In a worst case scenario, you could cut down the spindle to size and re-use your old screws. Also be sure to triple check the thickness of your door. Make sure to only measure the door, don't include any parts of the handle set.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)