SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding door parts

A quick learner from USA says:
I will need to order two rollers, and possibly a 6' "helmet" to put on the bottom rail.

I also need to grind down the lip on one side of the track because it is a bit too high. It was a challenge to pry the door off over it and then to put it back (I did have the rollers raised up), but with effort two of us were able to do it.

I think grinding off 1/16" will fix that. No problem lifting off of the rail. There are no rails on the top.
User submitted photo of their door roller.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Take a look at either our 81-002 or 81-003 rollers. I believe one of these parts is the one you need. You will have to remove the bottom rail off of the door to access the rest of your roller, though, since it looks like you only removed a portion of it.

You may want to consider a track cover to help repair your track, something like our 80-100 tall track cover (if you have the clearance) or the smaller 80-102. For removing your patio doors, both the stationary and sliding door have to be removed from the outside of the house. I don't believe you can clear the inside lower lip on the bottom inside track. See the two videos below for more assistance on these topics.
A home owner from USA says:
Thanks for your help. It has been too hot to remove and repair the door but fall is approaching fast. Both rollers suggested are thicker than the ones in the door, but the door itself is normal size. The only difference I see between the 81-002 and 81-003 you suggest is the tapped hole on top vs. a flange of some sort on the 003. I had no flange so I will order the 002. My own roller was only 1/4" wide for its entire length vs. the new one is 1 1/16". I assume it will still fit into the door or I will somehow have to cut a larger opening or I missed something when removing the original roller. If you know something else, please email me before shipping the replacement parts. Thanks again
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)