SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding door parts

A quick learner from Lafayette says:
Hello SWISCO Customer Care

I have six 8' wide sliding glass doors in my home that are from the 1978 to 1980 era. They seem to be quality made doors but I cannot find a brand name on them. Back in 2012 I ordered some of your tandem roller assemblies that worked great. Order #342649

Please see the attached photos below of the outdoor seal on my sliding glass doors. I have searched your website and the internet for a pile fabric (approximately 2 - 3 inches wide) that I could replace this seal with but I have not found anything comparable. The pile material is glued to an aluminum U shaped channel that is tacked nailed to wood strips that fit inside the channel. On one of these doors I made a temporary fix by cutting a strip of wood on the table saw and tacking a loop seal to the side that contacts the door. It has worked OK but I'd rather have something that looks more like a factory finish.

I know that I will be ordering SWISCO item # 58-045 for the vertical sweeps and item # 55-170 for the inner seal (shown in attached photo 0823). Please reply if you have any suggestions for the outer seal that I need.

Thank you
User submitted image of their weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I'm not sure if we have anything exactly like this, but you could consider our 58-169. This is directly nailed on after adjusting to a position that will accommodate your door. See what you think.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)