Sliding door security

A home owner from Florida says:
Recently we have had some security issues with entry via sliding patio doors. I am looking for added security latches and other means of providing comfort for my family.

Some neighbors have installed J-Hook latches but they are not very attractive. (FYI--the tracks are on the outside so the broomhandle in the track is not effective)

Also, in some of the instances, the doors were lifted out of their tracks so any help there is also appreciated.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! How about our 80-006 Sliding Door Security Bar? Could this possibly work for you? Let me know what you think.
A home owner from Florida says:
Dave--thanks for your response to my question. I don't believe you Security Bar will work. Let me try to describe--the doors in question are 4 panels with one effectively 'pushing' the other 3 sequentially into a pocked when opened. The track for the first slider is the one on the outside of the house with each other panel inside that one. If I understand the security bar installation correctly, there is no way for me to secure it such the the initial slider will be blocked by the bar primarily since it's track is the one that is furthermost outside. I hope that is understandable. Thanx for your response though.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure then. Could you maybe use our 80-027? Or is this the unsightly "J" hook that you didn't want to use?

There may be a way to reverse install the 80-006 for outside sliding doors, but it's hard to say.
How to install the 80-006 sliding glass door security bar
How to install the 80-006 sliding glass door security bar
GUIDE
READ >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.