SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding door wheel

A quick learner from Rhode Island says:
On the glass it says PPG HERCULITE. Need two of the attached wheels. If it helps to send the actual part, let me know please.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for submitting your sample! We just received it. I haven't seen this roller for at least 25 years. It wasn't available then and unfortunately it's still not available today. The good news is, we have a solution. Here's what we did for the customer all those years ago:

First, I recommend our 81-023 sliding glass door roller. This is what we used. Remove the sliding door and lay it on two saw horses. Unscrew the two bottom frame screws and then use a hammer and a block of wood to carefully knock off the bottom rail. Remove both parts of the old wheel assembly and then line up the new 81-023 roller assembly. Drill a hole through the bottom rail and use a 33-103 screw (or equivalent) to attach the wheel housing at the top.

Now, I don't remember if we had to drill a hole at the bottom side rail for the adjusting screw and frame screw. See what you think. For the frame screw, use a 33-104 screw. Reinstall the bottom rail to the door and set the door in the track, then adjust the wheels for the door to operate smoothly.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)