SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding glass door

A home owner from Murrells Inlet, SC/ Shamong, NJ says:
Moved into a new house we bought in Murrells Inlet, SC. House had sliding glass door with no handle or lock in the door (see pictures). Had to call to stock building supply company columbia who informed me the brand of the sliding glass door was MW which is now called Ply Gem. Door is sliding vinyl door. I found your 82-041 as the handle which seems to be correct.

Is this handle all inclusive? In other words, does it include the mortise latch and inside lock, or is it just the handle? What would i need to replace everything?

User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Shawn. The 82-041 only comes with what's pictured. Specifically, it comes with the inside handle, outside handle, and thumb lever. It does not come with the mortise lock or keeper, however.

There are a few varieties of mortise lock that work with this handle and I'm not exactly sure what you have. Based on your pictures, you could need the 82-226 and 89-021 keeper, but you will need to compare their dimensions to the space left over from the old hardware to ensure that they will work.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)